I sometimes write in Spanish and others in English. To filter my posts you can go to Categories in the main menu and select ‘English’.
My name is Dago, I’m 28 years old and I’m proudly from the north of Mexico, specifically Cd. Juarez, Chihuahua.
I lived in Monterrey, Mexico when I studied my undergraduate degree in Mechanical and Electrical Engineering at Tec de Monterrey. I have always been interested in energy and sustainability and after my undergrad I felt I needed to learn more about the subject. This brought me to London in 2014, where I studied my MSc in Sustainable Energy Futures. From then, I had the pleasure of living and working in that great city until last year.
I have been actively involved in projects of innovation and technology regarding the energy and sustainability areas. I believe climate change is the most important challenge in which to focus my time and attention. I hope to I can provide solutions and contribute to society in this manner.
My other passions are triathlon and travel.
Each one of us probably wants to change the world in one way or another. In my case, I’m trying to accomplish this through innovation in energy and sustainability.
My motivation for writing this blog came from wanting to share my learnings and thoughts to a more formal extent than a Facebook post. I started off one day I wanted to share a thought with my friends through a Whatsapp group conversation. My whole aim is bringing people not as informed about these topics closer to the problems that inspire me and the solutions in which I want to be involved. My target audience are family and friends in Mexico, hence why some content is in Spanish.
Hopefully you’ll enjoy some of my writing.
Attendance (needs to be updated)
- Energy UK Annual Conference 2016 (Nov 10, 2016)
- Energy Live Conference 2016 (Nov 3, 2016)
- Silicon Valley Comes to the UK (Nov 2, 2016)
- BNEF EMEA Summit (Oct 10, 2016)
- Foot Anstey Energy Storage Roundtable (Sep 27, 2016)
- Smart Summit London (Sep 21, 2016)
- Aurora Energy Storage Conference (Sep 13, 2016)
- Energyst Demand Side Response Event (Sep 8, 2016)
- DECC and Ofgem Storage Stakeholder meeting (Jul 25, 2016)
- IET – Energy Storage, Making it Happen (Jul 19, 2016)
- Imperial College – Where is Energy Storage Going? (Jul 12, 2016)
- Accelerating Clean Technologies (Jul 6, 2016)
- IEA’s Special Report on Energy and Air Pollution (Jul 4, 2016)
- Foot Anstey Energy Roundtable (Jun 8, 2016)
- Hydrogen Mobility Europe Meeting (Jun 1-2, 2016)
- Energy UK Breakfast Briefing – Innovating to win (May 26, 2016)
- ADE DSR Working Group (May 24, 2016)
- Capacity Market Coordination Event (May 18, 2016)
- Tech UK – Assessing the Tech Opportunities to deliver a Low Carbon Economy (May 16, 2016)
- Energy Storage 100 (April 28, 2016)
- Integrated Energy Systems and their Role in Integrating Variable Renewable Energy (Apr 5, 2016)
- Powerhouse 2030 Elevon Event (Mar 23, 2016)
- EFL Annual Lecture: Global Energy Policy Challenges and Innovation (Mar 22, 2016)
- IEA Mid-term Report (Dec 15, 2015)
- Sustainable Gas Institute – Statoil Presentation (Dec 17,2015)
- US DoE – Creating a New Energy Future (Dec 4, 2016)
- Grantham Institute – Dutch Delegation Visit (Dec 1, 2015)
- Energy Storage Event and London Branch AGM (Nov 30, 2015)
- GWEC – Doing Business in Mexico (Nov 25, 2015)
- Climate KIC Label Graduation (Nov 20, 2015)
- Energy Futures Lab 10th Anniversary (Nov 17, 2015)
- EDF Annual Lecture: The Responsibility of Business in Tackling Climate Change (Nov 9, 2015)
- Formula E/ Williams visit to Imperial College (Oct 26, 2015)
- SW7180RCA (Oct 29, 2015)
- Mapping London’s Future Energy Infrastructure – Greater London Authority (Oct 22, 2015)
- SEF Conference (Sep 18, 2015)
- National Grid Future Energy Scenarios (Jul 15, 2015)
- Venturefest Oxford 2015 (Jul 8, 2015)
- Solar + Storage: Capturing Opportunities and Overcoming Challenges (Jun 30, 2015)
- RenewableUK One-Day CfD Technical Series (Jun 29, 2015)
- CKAA COP 21 Negotiations Simulations London (Jun 26, 2015)
- The IEA’s Special Report on Energy and Climate Change (Jun 25, 2015)
- Climathon (Jul 18, 2015)
- Ticket: The Smart Electricity Consumer realising the electricity demand-side resource (Jun 17, 2015)
- International Student Energy Summit 2015 (June 8-12, 2015)
- Professor Anthony Kucernak-Where are fuel cells? (Jun 2, 2015)
- CIBSE Technical Symposium (Apr 16, 2015)
- BNEF Future of Energy Summit (Apr 13, 2015)
- CKAA Speaker Event – How green is technology? (Mar 25, 2015)
- Mobilising capital for the low-carbon economy (March 29, 2015)
- Christoph Frei, Secretary General, World Energy Council (Mar 18, 2015)